Thursday, April 21, 2011

So, Taxidermy

I found these absolutely wonderful illustrations in this ancient-as-hell book I got through inter-library loan. It's Methods in the Art of Taxidermy by Oliver Davie published in 1894. (I'm holding the actual 1894 edition, falling from its spine and reeking of that lovely old time water damaged book smell.)

What's great is that the last time this book was check out it was in 1974. I guess that makes me special... I guess.

This. 5' x 5'. On my wall.

This is a common past time of mine. You know, poking birds in the eye.

What is on his tail?

I want one of these. So bad.

Yup

 Some of this stuff I just want blown up full-sized and framed on my walls. They're just amazing to look at. I'd even like to have what they're representing, a partial taxidermy, just hanging out on my bookshelf. I'm afraid, though, my cats would like them too, a little too much, and I'd have to set them up in really hard to reach places.

No comments:

Post a Comment